Growth goals: Right now my hair is at about shoulder length and my ultimate goal is at least bra strap length. My short term goal is arm pit length. Since December is just a day away, I’m going to set my deadline as June 30, 2013. So that will give me seven months.
How I plan to get there: My regimen is pretty simple, I think. Here’s what I came up with…
– Cowash and deep condition once a week.
– Shampoo once a month.
– Do the GHE (greenhouse effect) 2-3x a week.
– Limit direct heat, do roller sets or air dry.
– Moisturize and seal DAILY.:
– Scalp massages 2-3x a week
– Protein treatment once a month
– Stretch relaxers for 12 weeks
– Trim every 4-6 months or as needed.
Seems pretty simple right? I’m sure I’ll add to it as I go along. Now, for those who aren’t familiar with GHE, it is basically a natural treatment to help produce more sebum in the scalp and help the hair grow. Since my hair is relaxed, I will be doing it as follows:
2x a week: moisturize and seal hair, wrap, cover with silk/ satin scarf, cover with shower cap, cover with hat (overnight).
Once a week: the day before wash day, coat hair with oils, cover with shower cap, cover with scarf, cover with hat. A full description can be found here.
So that is what I have so far. I’m sure I will gather more information as I continue my research on healthy relaxed hair.